Terms & Conditions
- All products and services are subject to applicable taxes. Pricing is valid for 30 days only.
- Final invoice is subject to change and may differ from the estimate depending on actual product and labor charges. All estimates are conditional to a site visit. The customer will be kept apprised of changes during the process.
- Products which require installation require a 50% deposit upon booking and balance paid upon installation. Payment cannot be postponed for delivered product which is not installed due to pending third party work. All special orders require 100% payment at the point of sale and are considered final sale.
- Invoices are due when rendered. Overdue invoices will be charged interest at 2% per month. Goods remain the property of R.E. MacDonald LTD until paid in full.
- Refunds will only be issued to the card used for the original transaction.
- R.E. MacDonald Stoves and Stones Ltd. is not responsible for any air problems that may occur in the customer’s home due to negative air supply.
- Installers contracted by R.E. MacDonald Stoves and Stones Ltd. are licensed, bonded, and comply with the manufacturer’s specifications. They are required to have necessary permits for all jobs. We are not responsible for any alterations and/or errors introduced by third party work.
- Most products carry a manufacturer’s warranty and coverage varies by the manufacturer. Shipping and labor charges are not usually covered. Please read the manufacturer’s manual for details.
Checklist for Customers:
- Payments by cheque, cash, debit, and credit card are accepted in store. E-transfers can also be sent via bank to [email protected]
- Customers must prepare their site for installation to avoid additional charges:
- All framing and hearth areas must comply with the required clearances as per the manufacturer’s specification.
- The fireplace area must be properly insulated, vapor barriered, and boarded, and / or framed.
- For gas appliance installations, gas supply must be available at the correct pressure at the appliance.
- For installations into an existing wood burning fireplace, the fireplace and chimney must be cleaned or an additional cleaning fee will be applied.
- Some installations may require an electrician to supply electrical to unit.
- Customers are encouraged to send pictures of the fireplace area once the site is prepped for installation. Return trips for installers due to inadequate site preparation will incur additional fees of $175 per trip.
- Customers must read the manufacturer’s manual before operating the installed units.